Address: 1/28-30A Burwood Rd, Burwood NSW 2134, Australia
We can provide our service to you at your business premises or home and generally work in the northern suburbs, but we also travel further afield to suit our clients.
Managing Director – Julie Thom
After many years of practical experience, Julie formalised her qualification by attaining her Cert IV in Financial Services (Accounting) in 2004. Julie started Better Books Bookkeeping in 2005 and it continues to thrive under her leadership.
With the new laws regarding the registration of BAS Agents, Julie is registered and compliant with the Tax Practitioners Board. Julie is an Accredited Partner with Reckon, a Certified Partner with Xero, a Professional Partner with Intuit and a Professional Member with MYOB. Julie is also a Member with the Institute of Certified Bookkeepers which is a leading association for bookkeepers.
Julie believes in delivering value for money, honesty and integrity and is always striving to provide the best service to her clients.
The team at Better Books Bookkeeping have the training, knowledge and experience needed to get the best outcome for your business needs.
Margaret Fredricksen – Margaret is our office and accounts manager. For over 10 years Margaret was employed by the ATO and had a number of positions in admin and auditing. After a number of years working as a bookkeeper, Margaret joined our team over 5 years ago and strives to keep the team well organised and the office running smoothly!
As you may be aware there are new important regulations requiring all contract bookkeepers to be registered BAS agents. Better Books Bookkeeping Pty Ltd is registered and compliant with these regulations. Amongst many changes, these changes also enable us to access the ATO Tax Agents Portal for lodgement of BAS and IAS.
Better Books Bookkeeping will work with you to devise the best plan for moving forward with your accounts. We review your current accounts and programs and individualise our service to best suit your needs. Here are some of the bookkeeping services we provide;
- Accounts payable & receivable processing & reconciliations
- Bill payments
- Bank, loan & credit card reconciliation
- Invoicing & cash sales
- Credit notes & refunds
- Budgeting and budget v actual comparison
- Process Payroll
- Payroll reconciliations
- Payroll liabilities
- Payment summaries
At Better Books Bookkeeping we embrace the huge changes to how you can process your accounts and the programs on offer to make your business work better with less effort, whether it is to embrace bank feed technology or to look at apps and add-ons we keep abreast of new products and can make any transitions as smooth as possible! Don’t always believe the advertising hype of how easy a program may work – if it’s not set up or converted properly it will not deliver!
- Online Software
- Desktop Software
- Hybrid Software
- Inventory Management
Better Books Bookkeeping specialises in reviewing your current practices, identifying issues and determining solutions. We understand how to get where you want to go to understand your business performance and build for the future. If you are a new business, we can get you started on the right path for success.
Here are some of the consulting areas we deal with;
- Customising your Chart of Accounts
- Setting up your company accounts ledger
- Creating items, invoices & templates
- Setting up Payroll
- Desktop Solutions – MYOB, Reckon Accounts
- Online Solutions – Xero, QuickBooks Online, Reckon One, MYOB Essentials, Sage
- Hybid Solutions – Reckon Hosted, MYOB AccountRight Live
- Add-on Solutions read more
- Preparation of Profit & Loss and Balance Sheet
- End of Financial Year work ready for Accountants
- Preparation of BAS, IAS, PAYG and TPAR
- Lodgement of BAS, IAS, PAYG and TPAR on ATO Portal
- Visit a similar website where we get inspiration click here
Audit of Accounts
- Review current processes, identify issues and determine solutions
If you are interested in exploring new ways to work we are accredited with all the software providers and can often transfer your current file into a new system, using bank feed technology to cut down on manual processing. We attend all the conferences to keep up to date with new software add-ons that can also do amazing things in your business!
Are you getting the best out of your accounting package, do you have new staff or want to understand what new accounting packages and software add-ons can do for your business? We are fully accredited with all the leading software packages and can provide training to get the most out of your package!
Stock Control can be a tricky area of account keeping for any business. Ensuring the costs and values are managed correctly can be a huge job. Our team specializes in this area, offering complete assistance in the following areas
- Inventory Setup – this is a critical part of stock control. Correct processing hinges on the setup being complete and concise.
- Inventory Processing – when stock is bought and sold it is important that the processing of these transactions are done correctly and they reflect to correct values in the accounting system. If this is not done properly, the inventory values will be incorrect, it could affect the sales values and the profit margins. Profit on sales is critical to cash flow and future planning of costs and business ventures.
- Inventory Valuation – the value of your stock is important for many reasons, and ensuring the value is accurate is important to every business that deals with stock. The costs of purchasing the stock is important to know, but equally important is the sale price and ensuring that the costs are completely covered. There are many factors to be considered
- The raw cost of the stock
- The additional costs of the stock – freight, import costs, warehousing, on costs
- If the stock is to be valued on your accounting system with the additional costs included, especially freight/import cost. This is referred to as ‘landed costs’ and by adding these costs to the raw cost will give a business a better valuation of the stock costs and therefore what the sales prices should be. By understanding the true cost, a business then understands the true profit margin of the stock.
- Landed Costs on Inventory – this is an important area to stock management to understand. If you import stock, by adding the freight and import costs to the cost of the stock, you can ascertain the true costs of the stock and this is vital for any business.
Our staff can provide assistance in all aspects of stock management, from initial setup to the maintenance and problems solving that may be needed. Some accounting packages do not allow for stock management within and therefore other programs may be needed to control stock correctly. There are a lot of different programs and ‘ad-ons’ on the market. Navigating through these to find the program that suits your business’s needs can be arduous. We can help you find a program.
Contact our office for more information or to arrange a consultation on your business needs.